Home  |  About  | Last |  Submit  |  Contact
AllQuests.com



Previous Question:  Denver CO Comcast  Local HDTV Info and ReceptionNext Question:  Verizon FiOS Installation Hardware Master Topic  HDTV Technical
Question Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box ( AVS Forum HDTV Recorders )
Updated: 2008-05-23 09:32:38 (460)
Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Motorola's venerable line of DCT set-top boxes is set to be replaced by the new DCH (the "h" is for host) set-top boxes that were unveiled at CES.

With the Federal Communications Commission's July deadline for separable security on the horizon, both Motorola and Scientific Atlanta showed set-top boxes with removable CableCards.

Motorola also announced it had expanded a previous agreement with Comcast for a multi-year purchase of set-top boxes, but didn't say how many boxes were included in the deal.

Under the agreement announced at CES, Comcast will purchase several set-top models from Motorola, including dual-tuner, HD DVRs and all-digital cable receivers. These next-generation digital set-tops will support Comcast's Residential Network Gateway (RNG) specification along with the OCAP initiative. Several of the models will support Motorola's "Follow Me TV" solution and Motorola's Linux-Java software platform as well as the models with CableCards.

Answers: Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box ( AVS Forum HDTV Recorders )
Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugga22
I gave Comcast another call and they had both numbers. I am still not able to receive the channels I was missing after they hit the box again. Looks like I just have a bad box which is surprising because the box was brand new including all the plastic wrapping still intact when I picked it up. Guess I'll be check the bowl scores online most of the night.
Probably a bad box. I had a brand new DCH3200 shipped out to me, I had the same problems. It was a bad box--for compensation, my local office gave me the DVR box (DCH3416) free for 3 months. I like the DVR service-I think I'll keep it.

sansri88

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugga22
I gave Comcast another call and they had both numbers. I am still not able to receive the channels I was missing after they hit the box again. Looks like I just have a bad box which is surprising because the box was brand new including all the plastic wrapping still intact when I picked it up. Guess I'll be check the bowl scores online most of the night.
Please report back tomorrow after tech visit, I'm guessing he'll just swap out box but let us know regardless.

jonwww

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

I just replaced my Component-out only box for the Motorola 3200 box feeding a Panasonic 50px75u.

The Component box looks much better than the HDMI of the 3200. All connections tight, tried 2 different HDMI cables. I was really disappointed.

Anybody else experience this?

I think I'm going to just go back to Component.

james16688

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Die-hard enthusiasts may claim otherwise, but I've never seen a significant difference between HDMI and component.

bicker1

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1
Die-hard enthusiasts may claim otherwise, but I've never seen a significant difference between HDMI and component.
I know that is true for my equipment, but everyone should check for themselves. One advantage of component is that if you have PIP, you can use it with component, but not with HDMI, AFAIK that applies to all TVs.

kjbawc

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Can someone give me the actual dimensions of the Motorola DCH3200?

rbelz

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

http://broadband.motorola.com/busine...7523-001-d.pdf

But no dimensions are given.

conchchowder

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Just want to confirm the DCH-3200 is the same as the DCH-3416 but without the DVR.

It has all the same connects (HDMI, Component) right?

Thanks.

tleschuck

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleschuck
Just want to confirm the DCH-3200 is the same as the DCH-3416 but without the DVR.

It has all the same connects (HDMI, Component) right?
The successor the the DCH series was announced today -- the DCX series. The primary differences are (1) support for 1GHz channel delivery, (2) MPEG-4 AVC support, (3) Dolby Digital Plus support, and (4) improved MoCA implementation. Should ship in volume next fall.

Press release:
http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/...eLocaleId=2026


bfdtv

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwww
Please report back tomorrow after tech visit, I'm guessing he'll just swap out box but let us know regardless.
He came over the weekend, but said everything was fine on my end and that it had to be an account problem. The account side thought otherwise and finally sent a tech out today (after a no-show by the tech yesterday). My box was replaced and I now receive all my channels, however I cannot access any program info., the guide, menus, or dvr functions. The tech said that it should start showing up in a few hours, but it has been over three hours and I still cannot access any of those functions. Any ideas?

nugga22

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

That is one sexy box. Looking forward to using something like that on COmcast.

andydumi

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydumi
That is one sexy box. Looking forward to using something like that on COmcast.
+1 I would swap out my DCH3416 for that thing in an instant.

sansri88

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdtv
The successor the the DCH series was announced today -- the DCX series. The primary differences are (1) support for 1GHz channel delivery, (2) MPEG-4 AVC support, (3) Dolby Digital Plus support, and (4) improved MoCA implementation. Should ship in volume next fall.

Press release:
http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/...eLocaleId=2026
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the hard drive size won't be limited to 160 GB!

Hormoz

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbelz
Can someone give me the actual dimensions of the Motorola DCH3200?
17 x 2.75 x 12.63 inches (WxHxD)

grampy

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugga22
He came over the weekend, but said everything was fine on my end and that it had to be an account problem. The account side thought otherwise and finally sent a tech out today (after a no-show by the tech yesterday). My box was replaced and I now receive all my channels, however I cannot access any program info., the guide, menus, or dvr functions. The tech said that it should start showing up in a few hours, but it has been over three hours and I still cannot access any of those functions. Any ideas?
It's possible TV is on wrong input or box may just need power reset (turn box off, unplug power, wait about 20 seconds, plug back in) then give box about 15 minutes to see if on screen info starts to come on. If it doesn't come on, power the box off then quickly press the 'ok/select' button on remote, go to I think it's d08 - code modules & see what's listed in there. There should be firmware version-active & tvguide version-active, it sounds like the tvguide software may be stuck loading or not there. If the above things don't fix it call customer care & get them to send initialization hit.

jonwww

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Just want to confirm the DCH-3200 is the same as the DCH-3416 but without the DVR.

It has all the same connects (HDMI, Component) right?

Thanks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdtv
The successor the the DCH series was announced today -- the DCX series. The primary differences are (1) support for 1GHz channel delivery, (2) MPEG-4 AVC support, (3) Dolby Digital Plus support, and (4) improved MoCA implementation. Should ship in volume next fall.

Press release:
http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/...eLocaleId=2026

Thanks for the info...is the DCH-3416 the same as the DCH-3200 but without the DVR?

tleschuck

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwww
It's possible TV is on wrong input or box may just need power reset (turn box off, unplug power, wait about 20 seconds, plug back in) then give box about 15 minutes to see if on screen info starts to come on. If it doesn't come on, power the box off then quickly press the 'ok/select' button on remote, go to I think it's d08 - code modules & see what's listed in there. There should be firmware version-active & tvguide version-active, it sounds like the tvguide software may be stuck loading or not there. If the above things don't fix it call customer care & get them to send initialization hit.
Thanks a lot for the info. The tv is definitely on the right input, and I've tried several power resets. They even tried reinitializing the box. I'll check the code modules when I get home and report back. Two weeks without a functioning cable box, during bowl season, is becoming quite a pain.

nugga22

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugga22
Thanks a lot for the info. The tv is definitely on the right input, and I've tried several power resets. They even tried reinitializing the box. I'll check the code modules when I get home and report back. Two weeks without a functioning cable box, during bowl season, is becoming quite a pain.
I checked the code modules. Under status next to 18.34 it says Loading, just as it has since the tech checked the same thing. Should I just exchange the box myself since comcast has proven completely unable to get my problems fixed in two weeks?

nugga22

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleschuck
Just want to confirm the DCH-3200 is the same as the DCH-3416 but without the DVR.

It has all the same connects (HDMI, Component) right?
Yes it is.
The specs. can be read at Motorola's website.

QZ1

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

I finally managed to get in touch with a higher level tech person on the phone. He was able to completely refresh the box and reload everything. It all seems to be working properly now. Thanks a lot for everyone's help.

nugga22

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

I am having a different issue with the DCH3200, it was activated the other night and everything seemed to be fine all HD channels come in fine and look good and all channels in my package come in EXCEPT for the Cartoon Network. When I switch to the channel I get the message You Are Not Authorized. I called Comcast they try to hit the box 2 times same thing no Cartoon Network. I use to have the little black box DCH700 connected in the room and Cartoon Network comes in fine. They are sending a tech out next Thursday to look at the issue and possibly replace the box. I like the DCH3200, it looks good anmd HD looks great on it. I hope they don't replace it.

rob316

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugga22
I finally managed to get in touch with a higher level tech person on the phone. He was able to completely refresh the box and reload everything. It all seems to be working properly now. Thanks a lot for everyone's help.
Glad to hear you got it working, sometimes these boxes just need a little kick in the pants to get them working correctly.

jonwww

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob316
I am having a different issue with the DCH3200, it was activated the other night and everything seemed to be fine all HD channels come in fine and look good and all channels in my package come in EXCEPT for the Cartoon Network. When I switch to the channel I get the message You Are Not Authorized. I called Comcast they try to hit the box 2 times same thing no Cartoon Network. I use to have the little black box DCH700 connected in the room and Cartoon Network comes in fine. They are sending a tech out next Thursday to look at the issue and possibly replace the box. I like the DCH3200, it looks good anmd HD looks great on it. I hope they don't replace it.
If you're get the 'Not Authorized' message it's something on the account side of things, nothing signal related at the house (you'd be getting 'one moment please' if it was signal). They may be missing a code on that box in your account or just need to refresh the services on your account (not necessarily the same thing as hitting the box). If you get the right person on the phone they should be able to fix this. If you want to try unplugging power on box for 20 seconds & plugging it back in before calling them back sometimes that does help for the next box hit/refresh.

jonwww

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

I have recently tried to connect a Comcast Motorola DCH 3416 DVR to my Onkyo HT-SR800 Home Theater and then to a Panasonic TH-42PZ700U HDTV. The Comcast DVR is connected to the Onkyo with a HDMI cable and the HDMI out from the Onkyo goes to the Panasonic TV HDMI input. Audio connections are with a Optical digital cable connecting the DVR to the Onkyo.

Everything works fine till I shut off all the components. I then get a error code on the Comcast DVR which looks like a flashing dVI or dU1 code. After a while the Comcast DVR freezes and will not work till the box has been unplugged and the power is off for a minute and then repower the system. This problem keeps repeating itself.

I have tried various HDMI cables and changed the power cord, the power strip, the wall to Comcast coaxial cable. The DVR boxes have been changed three time and am on my 4th DVR. The Comcast tech support has worked for several hours with no avail.

Where is the problem? I was told that this may be an HDCP error between the Motorola and the ONKYO. Can anyone share some light or does anyone have a similar problem? Would appreciate any experts comment and advise.

pepper&ginger

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Is there a 'brightness' feature on the DCH3200? I'd like to dim the clock on the display and can't find anything in the menu.

Thanks.

tleschuck

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

I am trying to program my Samsung remote for the box and I have tried everything and looked online. If I can't find it here I guess I will call Comcast and see if they will for it over.

Comcast - Pittsburgh, PA

JayG523

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG523
I am trying to program my Samsung remote for the box and I have tried everything and looked online. If I can't find it here I guess I will call Comcast and see if they will for it over.

Comcast - Pittsburgh, PA
Try codes for General Instruments or Jerrold, Moto bought these companies out years ago & that's what they started as. Moto codes don't usually work.

jonwww

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Could someone who has a DCH100 or DCH200 tell me the specs on the power supply?
AC/DC, volts, and watts? They're not on the box, my power supply has gone missing, and this info is not avail from Motorola. Thanks in advance!

DataInt

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataInt
Could someone who has a DCH100 or DCH200 tell me the specs on the power supply?
AC/DC, volts, and watts? They're not on the box, my power supply has gone missing, and this info is not avail from Motorola. Thanks in advance!
You need to go to your comcast office and get a new power supply cord.

Since the cable company owns the box, you do NOT want to connect a generic power supply, just take the old one in and say it died, they will replace it.

scanpa

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

The DCH100 and 200 were released on Comcast systems?

Any comments on it?

sansri88

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansri88
The DCH100 and 200 were released on Comcast systems?

Any comments on it?
Those are standard definition non-dvr boxes. Probabaly won't get much discussion in an HD DVR thread

RockyMountainD

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper&ginger
I have recently tried to connect a Comcast Motorola DCH 3416 DVR to my Onkyo HT-SR800 Home Theater and then to a Panasonic TH-42PZ700U HDTV. The Comcast DVR is connected to the Onkyo with a HDMI cable and the HDMI out from the Onkyo goes to the Panasonic TV HDMI input. Audio connections are with a Optical digital cable connecting the DVR to the Onkyo.

Everything works fine till I shut off all the components. I then get a error code on the Comcast DVR which looks like a flashing dVI or dU1 code. After a while the Comcast DVR freezes and will not work till the box has been unplugged and the power is off for a minute and then repower the system. This problem keeps repeating itself.

I have tried various HDMI cables and changed the power cord, the power strip, the wall to Comcast coaxial cable. The DVR boxes have been changed three time and am on my 4th DVR. The Comcast tech support has worked for several hours with no avail.

Where is the problem? I was told that this may be an HDCP error between the Motorola and the ONKYO. Can anyone share some light or does anyone have a similar problem? Would appreciate any experts comment and advise.
Did you get any answers to your question? I'm having the same problem. DCH6416 HDMI going through an Onkyo SR505 receiver to the HDMI input of the tv. If the Onkyo is turned off, the display of the DCH6416 will flicker slightly. After a few hours, the DCH will freeze. It takes a power off reset to get it going again. I've tried it with a DCT6416 and also the DCH6416 and the same thing happens. As a work-around, I'm leaving the Onkyo receiver turned on all the time and I just turn down the volume when we're not using it. The receiver puts out heat, so I would rather turn it off. Have you had any luck with the problem?

clneal

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

i think i was having the same problem you two are. please refer to page 8, specifically posts #229,230,233, and 234. this may fix your problem. it worked for me.

daddyjer

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjer
i think i was having the same problem you two are. please refer to page 8, specifically posts #229,230,233, and 234. this may fix your problem. it worked for me.
Thanks for the tip. I read the posts and it looks like we're talking about the same problem, but I normally I leave the stb running all the time and turn the receiver and TV off when not using them. I'm not at home right now, so I can't try it out, but do you think that turning the TV off first and then turning off the receiver will work? Or do you think the stb needs to be turned off as well?
Thanks, again

clneal

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

from what i found the problem isn't the TV nor the receiver but the STB. anytime you switch sources or turn off components always start with the stb first. the stb sends the signals to the receiver, then receiver to the tv. so i power off or swich starting with the STB to stop the signal there, then switch components or turn everything off. i was having occasional hand shake issues and from what was suggested has completely fixed my problem. i guess hdmi is so new and has that hdcp protocol and its causing lots of problems for brand new receivers, tvs, and stbs. the hdcp protocol starts with the source, the source verfies the signal. go to wikipedia and look up hdcp. i had to do tons of research to get a grasp on all this. i know its tedious to power off and switch components in a certain order but it's working for me. hope this helps, i understand your frustrations.

daddyjer

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Before the Onkyo receiver, I had 4yr old Technics av receiver that worked just fine, but it didn't handle HDMI. The Onkyo allows us to switch the digital video and digital audio with ONE Button! That part works well. We can switch between the stb and dvd and cd all digital by pressing a single button on the Onkyo remote which also handles all the dvr and tv functions for the stb. So, one remote, one-button switching, all is good. The only problem is that the receiver can't be turned off. That's the only thing that seems to bother the stb. If the receiver is turned off, then the stb locks-up within an hour or two. I guess that's not too bad compared with your problems of not being able to switch between devices without problems. I will leave the receiver turned on all the time just like the stb. Let's hope that an upgrade to the stb will eventually smooth things out.

clneal

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

the receiver passes through the stb signal to the tv. you will have to have the receiver on to pass the signal.

daddyjer

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Has anyone noticed Comcast randomly dropping the audio for a few seconds?

OhioLefty

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

I've noticed that on my TiVo Series 3, but not on the Comcast DVR, for the same programs. That indicated a signal problem. In my case, it was too strong of a signal. Removing a signal amp did the trick.

bicker1

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioLefty
Has anyone noticed Comcast randomly dropping the audio for a few seconds?
I have seen missing audio but a couple of times I have had the background music but no dialogue. Go figure that one.

ams123

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioLefty
Has anyone noticed Comcast randomly dropping the audio for a few seconds?
I've been getting a lot of audio dropouts on our local HD PBS station, but they are for a second or less, usually. On Discovery HD, I have been getting momentary freezes of the picture.

kjbawc

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioLefty
Has anyone noticed Comcast randomly dropping the audio for a few seconds?
Yes. Lots visual artifacts, also.

Last few weeks, on and off.

dean-l

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Does anyone know if the new Motorola DCH 3416 has the type of copy protection that put's "Flags" on PPV events and then deletes them automatically? The old Moto box didn't but this one has cablecards and downloadable copy protection so I'm a bit concerned. Has anyone experienced an automatically deleted PPV with the DCH 3416?

MINI REVIEW: If indeed the new DCH Motobox doesn't employ the copy protection flags it will be quite an upgrade from the old Motorola DVR I had. That one barely worked and the remote wouldn't work from where I sit. So it kinda sucked. I had to lean way forward out of my chair to make the remote work! Not relaxing!! This new one is much more responsive and works well even with the cabinet door closed. Much better IR which makes the entire experience 100% better. Overall a huge improvement in looks and the Hard Drive is much quieter too. It also seems to run a little cooler than the old box which is always welcome. So I'm happy. Even if it does delete my PPV's.

bareyb

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdtv
The successor the the DCH series was announced today -- the DCX series. The primary differences are (1) support for 1GHz channel delivery, (2) MPEG-4 AVC support, (3) Dolby Digital Plus support, and (4) improved MoCA implementation. Should ship in volume next fall.

Press release:
http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/...eLocaleId=2026

Very nice looking box. That link does not give any specifics as to how large the hard drive is. My DCH 3416 has a measly 160 gigs. Too bad Comcast is usually two years behind in using a "current" model.

ghudson666

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

I just switched from a DCT6412 to a DCH3416 HD-DVR. The DCT6412 would allow me to use the rear AC power input outlet as an input to power a floor lamp that I have placed behind my DLP in the corner of the room. There is a menu setup option for the cable box to set the rear AC outlet to be either "switched" or "unswitched". I have setup my new DCT6412 to the same menu option to have it "switched" so that my lamp will turn on or off when I turn the DCH3416 box on or off. For some reason the DCH3416 will not work as expected for it will not turn off my lamp when the box is turned off or turn the lamp on when I turn on the DCH3416. I called Comcast and of course they had no idea what I was talking about.

Does anybody else have a Comcast DCH3416 that works when the rear AC input power outlet is set to be switched and it turns off or on the device you have plugged into the DCH3416 when you turn the DCH3416 off or on? Or is this problem just a firmware [software] update I can only hope will one day happen?

ghudson666

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghudson666
I just switched from a DCT6412 to a DCH3416 HD-DVR. The DCT6412 would allow me to use the rear AC power input outlet as an input to power a floor lamp that I have placed behind my DLP in the corner of the room. There is a menu setup option for the cable box to set the rear AC outlet to be either "switched" or "unswitched". I have setup my new DCT6412 to the same menu option to have it "switched" so that my lamp will turn on or off when I turn the DCH3416 box on or off. For some reason the DCH3416 will not work as expected for it will not turn off my lamp when the box is turned off or turn the lamp on when I turn on the DCH3416. I called Comcast and of course they had no idea what I was talking about.

Does anybody else have a Comcast DCH3416 that works when the rear AC input power outlet is set to be switched and it turns off or on the device you have plugged into the DCH3416 when you turn the DCH3416 off or on? Or is this problem just a firmware [software] update I can only hope will one day happen?
If you look next to the outlet on the back you will notice it says 'unswitched' & unfortunately that's how it stays. The option is still there in the software but it is not possible on the newer DVR's. Blame Moto for that one.

jonwww

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwww
If you look next to the outlet on the back you will notice it says 'unswitched' & unfortunately that's how it stays. The option is still there in the software but it is not possible on the newer DVR's. Blame Moto for that one.
Damn! That stinks!!!

Thanks for the info. I did not notice that when I was setting it all up. Figures the Comcast CSR's did know know the answer. Thank you for responding.

ghudson666

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb
Does anyone know if the new Motorola DCH 3416 has the type of copy protection that put's "Flags" on PPV events and then deletes them automatically? ...
I'm sure the DCH series has the ability to expire recordings. Probably just depends on whether or not your local cable company has PPV shows flagged to expire. I wouldn't think swapping boxes would matter, but you never know

RockyMountainD

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Last week I picked up a dch3416 box. Twice now it's burned me by refusing to record because the disk was 100% full. Once when it has a 30 minute show and once when it had 2 hours on it. After unplugging the box it eventually showed 10% full the 2nd time. Does a full reset take care of the problem? I have firmware 34.16.

Karl Beem

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleschuck
Is there a 'brightness' feature on the DCH3200? I'd like to dim the clock on the display and can't find anything in the menu.

Thanks.
Im wondering the same thing, but I dont think so

hoogs

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

I have had Comcast TiVo on a Motorola DCH3416 since mid-Dec 2007. I am happy to have my TiVo interface back, but the DVR has bugs. The HDMI interface flakes out a few times a week. I get sound but no picture. Due to this problem I have hooked up the standard coax cable as a backup so I can navigate and "restart the DVR" from the Settings menu. This problem usually happens when I switch from HiDef to StdDef channels, which requires the box to switch from 1080 to 480 or 720. One time I had to do a full power-down because DVR restart didn't work. It is annoying, but never looses programs or fails to come back. Get to fixing this Comcast! (Posted: Feb 11, 2008)

Handlebarjay

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handlebarjay
I have had Comcast TiVo on a Motorola DCH3416 since mid-Dec 2007. I am happy to have my TiVo interface back, but the DVR has bugs. The HDMI interface flakes out a few times a week. I get sound but no picture. Due to this problem I have hooked up the standard coax cable as a backup so I can navigate and "restart the DVR" from the Settings menu. This problem usually happens when I switch from HiDef to StdDef channels, which requires the box to switch from 1080 to 480 or 720. One time I had to do a full power-down because DVR restart didn't work. It is annoying, but never looses programs or fails to come back. Get to fixing this Comcast! (Posted: Feb 11, 2008)
Have you tried pressing the 'format' button on the front of the cable box? I've found this to be a problem on my Comcast/Tivo also & it's because it sets it to 480p for SD channels, pressing the button once & changing to 480i brings picture back.

By the way there are a few threads geared more toward the Comcast/Tivo on this forum.

jonwww

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

I have the Motorola DCT3416 and was looking to replace it with the DCH3416.
I would like to know if Comcast is allowing the DCH3416 to use the MoCA "follow me" service with other boxes (DCH100), so that you can access DVR recorded programs while using the DCH100 in another room.

I called Comcast, and they have both boxes, but don't know if the MoCA is turned "on" or not.

FAUguy

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

That service is not available from Comcast anywhere (yet).

bicker1

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy
I have the Motorola DCT3416 and was looking to replace it with the DCH3416.
I would like to know if Comcast is allowing the DCH3416 to use the MoCA "follow me" service with other boxes (DCH100), so that you can access DVR recorded programs while using the DCH100 in another room.

I called Comcast, and they have both boxes, but don't know if the MoCA is turned "on" or not.
I have the DCT3412, DCT3416 and the DCH3416 in different rooms and wish I could watch something recorded on one of the units in a different room.

Currently I have to physically move the entire box over to the other room in order to do that, which sucks big time (hope you hear me loud and clear Mr. Roberts .... sir).

BTW, I don't like the newer DCH3416 because it does not have a red recording light indicator, so you never know if it came on to record when the TV set turned off, plus it still has the same occasional glitches of the DCT3416 and DCT3412 (like delayed remote responses and the annoying "DVR is Full" error).

George-O

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-O
...BTW, I don't like the newer DCH3416 because it does not have a red recording light indicator, so you never know if it came on to record when the TV set turned off...
It actually has a working REC light, but the latest fw (18.34) has a bug that keeps it dark. It is quite annoying.

RockyMountainD

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMountainD
It actually has a working REC light, but the latest fw (18.34) has a bug that keeps it dark. It is quite annoying.
Oh good .... then there is hope that my service provider (Comcast) is working hard to resolve the FW issue as we speak this very moment

George-O

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-O
Oh good .... then there is hope that my service provider (Comcast) is working hard to resolve the FW issue as we speak this very moment
I sure hope so. Maybe I'll call them and tell them to hurry up

RockyMountainD

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1
That service is not available from Comcast anywhere (yet).
Wow. That's a shame that Comcast doesn't allow the MoCA "follow me" service on the DCH boxes.
That was the main reason I wanted to change out my current DCT boxes.
If they don't offer it, than way does Motorola have it all over their web site?
http://broadband.motorola.com/busine...V_solution.asp
The only 3 DCH boxes to support it are the DCH3416, DCH3200, and DCH100.

FAUguy

Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy
Wow. That's a shame that Comcast doesn't allow the MoCA "follow me" service on the DCH boxes.
That was the main reason I wanted to change out my current DCT boxes.
If they don't offer it, than way does Motorola have it all over their web site?
http://broadband.motorola.com/busine...V_solution.asp
The only 3 DCH boxes to support it are the DCH3416, DCH3200, and DCH100.
The answer probably is that Motorola and Comcast are different corportions.

Motorola builds boxes for lots of different service providers, including Comcast.

Comcast provides the actual cable service and decides which boxes and what features they wish to offer.

BTW, does anyone know what non-recording SD setup boxes Comcast is usually handing out for additional digital outlets these days? They gave me a small compact Moto DCT700 the other day for a 4th bedroom.

Although the DCT700 is pleasantly small and compact, it offers no current channel display on the front like the newer (and larger) Moto DCH70 and DCH100 units.

Anyone from Comcast ever gotten a DCH70 or DCH100 yet?

http://broadband.motorola.com/busine...700_settop.asp

http://broadband.motorola.com/busine...h70_settop.asp

http://broadband.motorola.com/busine...100_settop.asp

George-O

 0 1 2 3 4
Previous Question:  Denver CO Comcast  AVS Forum  Local HDTV Info and ReceptionNext Question:  Verizon FiOS Installation Hardware Master Topic  AVS Forum  HDTV Technical

- Source: Comcast Motorola DCH Set Top Box AVS Forum HDTV Recorders
- Previous Question: Denver CO Comcast AVS Forum Local HDTV Info and Reception
- Next Question: Verizon FiOS Installation Hardware Master Topic AVS Forum HDTV Technical