Home  |  About  | Last |  Submit  |  Contact
AllQuests.com



Previous Question:  High mileage car  MotorsNext Question:  How much is your Steam account worth  PC Games
Question RTL8192E x86_x64 ( Ubuntu Forums Absolute Beginner Talk )
Updated: 2010-07-29 00:40:25 (18)
RTL8192E x86_x64

Well i received an email from Realtek containing the RTL8192E drivers for Linux x86 and 86 I uploaded it to my Google sites for access to download

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your email.
Please find the attached for latest RTL8192E 32bit and 64bit Linux driver.

Just kindly remind, please install by the below steps.
The following is the installing steps:
Code:
  1. Change to the driver directory
  2. sudo su
  3. make
  4. make install
  5. reboot
  6. ./wlan0up or ./wlan1up
Note: 1. if permission denied, change pro 1f40 perty with
Code:
`chmod 777 wlan0up`
2. or enable driver with
Code:
`ifconfig wlanx up`
(wlanx denote wlan interface name).

If there's any problem, please feel free to let us know.
Thanks.

Regards,
Kidman
http://sites.google.com/site/johnfos...edirects=0&d=1

if you have issues with the download link please pm me or msg me at www.shocktothesystem.ca

I have now tested installing 10.04 x86_x64 my results (RESULT'S UBUNTU 10.04 x86_x64 SUCCESS)

10.04 x86 you just need to get the firmware from the git repository and reboot

if you do not have git you type
Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core
cd /tmp
git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/firmware.git
sudo cp -av firmware/RTL8192E /lib/firmware/
*RESTART WILL WORK*  ONLY x86

Answers: RTL8192E x86_x64 ( Ubuntu Forums Absolute Beginner Talk )
RTL8192E x86_x64

Well, it doesn't work for me.

I am able to connect to my wifi network, but after about 5 minutes I lose my connection (but nm-applet shows I'm still connected). When I want to connect again, everything freeze, I am not able to move my mouse or use my keyboard and a capslock key flashes. I have to make a hard reboot.

I'm curious -- I have tried a lot of solutions posted here on this forum. Is there any possibility that my kernel module I'm loading is an old one, not compiled with your solution?
(before the compilation and after I have the same module available: r8192se_pci).

Anyway, could you give me a realtek email address? Maybe they will know what's going on...

heksita

RTL8192E x86_x64

That worked a treat for me thanks! I've got a Samsung N510 with the Realtek 8192 chipset. I downloaded the driver mentioned above and followed the installation steps 1-5 above, up to the reboot. Once rebooted the wireless worked straight away, I didn't need to bother with the rest of the steps.
So far it has connected every time and has never lost or dropped a connection.
Thanks for this info. This has been the easiest and most successful solution to fixing this problem that I've come across - and I've tried a few.
Cheers,
Matt.

Lucid Lynx UNR on Samsung N510

Mattallyc

RTL8192E x86_x64

Just thought I'd mention that I had to repeat this process after a kernel update as it had stopped working. I've kept a local copy of the drivers and instructions so I can get it up and running again without the need for a network connection. Just something to bear in mind...

Mattallyc

RTL8192E x86_x64

Hey, I still can't seem to get it running reliably in 64 bit. Tried 32 bit and all was working fine, just wondering whether there is any fix for the 64 bit version yet?

jwabarnett

RTL8192E x86_x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by heksita
Well, it doesn't work for me.

I am able to connect to my wifi network, but after about 5 minutes I lose my connection (but nm-applet shows I'm still connected). When I want to connect again, everything freeze, I am not able to move my mouse or use my keyboard and a capslock key flashes. I have to make a hard reboot.

I'm curious -- I have tried a lot of solutions posted here on this forum. Is there any possibility that my kernel module I'm loading is an old one, not compiled with your solution?
(before the compilation and after I have the same module available: r8192se_pci).

Anyway, could you give me a realtek email address? Maybe they will know what's going on...

just email them via the forum on there contact us page under technical support. it'll take a couple days for a response also make sure your wireless card is infact rtl8192e not rtl8192se there's a HUGE difference D:

s32ialx

RTL8192E x86_x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwabarnett
Hey, I still can't seem to get it running reliably in 64 bit. Tried 32 bit and all was working fine, just wondering whether there is any fix for the 64 bit version yet?

your correct there is no stability in x64 Ubuntu nor in windows 7x64 it's something to do with realtek they make crappy x64 drivers a guess.. altho under windows my rtl8192su works like a charm and never fails me in speeds of 1.5MBps

s32ialx

RTL8192E x86_x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by s32ialx
Well i received an email from Realtek containing the RTL8192E drivers for Linux x86 and 86 I uploaded it to my Google sites for access to download

http://sites.google.com/site/johnfos...edirects=0&d=1

if you have issues with the download link please pm me or msg me at www.shocktothesystem.ca

I have now tested installing 10.04 x86_x64 my results (RESULT'S UBUNTU 10.04 x86_x64 SUCCESS)

10.04 x86 you just need to get the firmware from the git repository and reboot
if you do not have git you type
Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core
cd /tmp
git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/firmware.git
sudo cp -av firmware/RTL8192E /lib/firmware/
*RESTART WILL WORK*  ONLY x86
hey, im trying to get some help with installing this. I'm running ubuntu studio 10.04 64-bit. i downloaded that file for the drivers you have there and extracted it in my home folder. then i went in in through terminal and typed "./configure" and it came back with "bash: ./configure: No such file or directory". then i read the readme and didnt know which folder to go into for the source file(s) so i started with the first out of the 3 source file(s) areas. i cd to that folder and did "./configure" and got the exact same response. then i went to the other 2 folders and still got the same response from terminal. if you could help thatd be awesome. thanks.

neonfire999

RTL8192E x86_x64

It does not work with Lucid on my Samsung NB30. The device is recognized, but I cannot get it to turn on the RF (switching the RF on and off works with ndiswrapper + XPdriver).

Dmesg shows this:

[ 1049.393354] ======>rtllib_softmac_scan_wq():rf state is eRfOff, return
[ 1049.394400] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready

And every attempt to turn the RF on via the WiFi key or even the script that came with the Realtek driver only confirms that it is off:

[ 582.150754] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off

scotty64

RTL8192E x86_x64

I've followed the instructions at the top of this thread. Thanks to s32ialx for them.

My problem now is that the only way I can enable wireless is by manually cd'ing to the driver directory and then typing sudo ./wlan0up

Is there a way to make wireless w 1f40 ork automatically on boot?

thecityofgold2006

RTL8192E x86_x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecityofgold2006
I've followed the instructions at the top of this thread. Thanks to s32ialx for them.

My problem now is that the only way I can enable wireless is by manually cd'ing to the driver directory and then typing sudo ./wlan0up

Is there a way to make wireless work automatically on boot?
just add it to rc.local before exit 0:

Code:
sudo gedit /etc/rc.local
add
Quote:
./wlan0up
save and exit and reboot and see if it comes up itself.

ukripper

RTL8192E x86_x64

That worked. Thanks.

In case anyone reads this in future the lines I added were:

Code:
cd '/home/simon/Downloads/rtl8192e_linux_2.6.0014.0401.2010' 
sudo ./wlan0up
There's probably a shorter way to do it, but that's what worked for me.

thecityofgold2006

RTL8192E x86_x64

I followed the instruction but still it is impossible to use my wireless card on my Toshiba F60 Laptop...
I have the following error in dmesg:

Code:
[   96.950898] rtllib_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
[   96.950901] rtllib_crypt: registered algorithm 'TKIP'
[   96.950903] rtllib_crypt: registered algorithm 'CCMP'
[   96.950905] rtllib_crypt: registered algorithm 'WEP'
[   96.950906] 
[   96.950907] Linux kernel driver for RTL8192 based WLAN cards
[   96.950908] Copyright (c) 2007-2008, Realsil Wlan Driver
[  133.007394] rtl8192_SetWirelessMode(), wireless_mode:10, bEnableHT = 1
[  133.017198] ===>rtllib_start_scan()
[  133.020035] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
[  133.748305] GPIOChangeRF  - HW Radio OFF
[  147.797689] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  149.184828] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  149.963827] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  150.662975] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  151.331242] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  151.859626] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  152.410282] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  152.988895] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  153.567648] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  154.106618] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
Any solution?

Thanks

CyberAngel

RTL8192E x86_x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberAngel
I followed the instruction but still it is impossible to use my wireless card on my Toshiba F60 Laptop...
I have the following error in dmesg:

Code:
[   96.950898] rtllib_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
[   96.950901] rtllib_crypt: registered algorithm 'TKIP'
[   96.950903] rtllib_crypt: registered algorithm 'CCMP'
[   96.950905] rtllib_crypt: registered algorithm 'WEP'
[   96.950906] 
[   96.950907] Linux kernel driver for RTL8192 based WLAN cards
[   96.950908] Copyright (c) 2007-2008, Realsil Wlan Driver
[  133.007394] rtl8192_SetWirelessMode(), wireless_mode:10, bEnableHT = 1
[  133.017198] ===>rtllib_start_scan()
[  133.020035] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
[  133.748305] GPIOChangeRF  - HW Radio OFF
[  147.797689] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  149.184828] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  149.963827] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  150.662975] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  151.331242] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  151.859626] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  152.410282] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  152.988895] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  153.567648] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
[  154.106618] ================>r8192_wx_set_scan(): hwradio off
Any solution?

Thanks
Ubuntu 10.04 already has RTL-8192E driver in Kernel but don't have firmware for the particular wireless card therefore, manual download of firmware is required to make this card work. Fortunately, firmware is in git tree and can be downloaded via below steps:

For Realtek 8192E chipset

sudo apt-get install git-core
git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/firmware.git
sudo cp -av firmware/RTL8192E /lib/firmware/

after that just reboot. Nothing else is required.

ukripper

RTL8192E x86_x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukripper
Ubuntu 10.04 already has RTL-8192E driver in Kernel but don't have firmware for the particular wireless card therefore, manual download of firmware is required to make this card work. Fortunately, firmware is in git tree and can be downloaded via below steps:

For Realtek 8192E chipset

sudo apt-get install git-core
git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/firmware.git
sudo cp -av firmware/RTL8192E /lib/firmware/

after that just reboot. Nothing else is required.
I booted into windows, opened the wireless card, then rebooted into linux and the card is working without problems.
So I guess that the problem is not the firmware itself but something with the soft switch and the Linux driver.

The thing is that I don't want to have a whole partition with winblows just to use it as the "Switch" for my wireless card!

CyberAngel

RTL8192E x86_x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberAngel
I booted into windows, opened the wireless card, then rebooted into linux and the card is working without problems.
So I guess that the problem is not the firmware itself but something with the soft switch and the Linux driver.

The thing is that I don't want to have a whole partition with winblows just to use it as the "Switch" for my wireless card!
cant be driver as i am using it with no prob 1f40 lem.

ukripper

RTL8192E x86_x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukripper
cant be driver as i am using it with no problem.
I am using it too without problem now, but I had to switch on the wireless card with the soft switch from within windows...
Now the card is always on... That is why it is working.
If the card is switched off, it is impossible to open it from Linux..

CyberAngel

RTL8192E x86_x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberAngel
I am using it too without problem now, but I had to switch on the wireless card with the soft switch from within windows...
Now the card is always on... That is why it is working.
If the card is switched off, it is impossible to open it from Linux..
I believe you can toggle it in BIOS.

ukripper

RTL8192E x86_x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukripper
I believe you can toggle it in BIOS.
Unfortunately there is no option for the wireless card in the BIOS

CyberAngel

Previous Question:  High mileage car  Overclockers UK Forums  MotorsNext Question:  How much is your Steam account worth  Overclockers UK Forums  PC Games

- Source: RTL8192E x86_x64 Ubuntu Forums Absolute Beginner Talk
- Previous Question: High mileage car Overclockers UK Forums Motors
- Next Question: How much is your Steam account worth Overclockers UK Forums PC Games