Give the following a try and see if it works:
1. Plug unit in
2. Turn on the computer while pressing the "Esc" key.
3. As soon as the "Password=" appears, press the key combination that will be provided to you.
4. Enter the response code that is given to you accurately. An invalid entry will cause the computer to shut down.
5. As soon as the response code is accepted, press the "F1" key when prompted, to go to the BIOS set-up.
6. Go to the Password section and press the Space bar at "Password=Registered" field.
7. When prompted for "Password=", press Space bar and then Enter.
8. When prompted for "New Password=", press Enter .
9. When prompted for "Verify Password=" press Enter.
10. Press the "End" key to save the changes and exit the BIOS settings.
11. Press "Y" to confirm save and exit.
If this doesn't work, I'm sorry to say that you're S.O.L. unless you send the unit into a service center (not Toshiba
) & have them do the removal.
There is one other way to get the password removed, but your system still has to be under warranty for it to work because it requires a systemboard replacement. Just call Toshiba & say that your system is having an INTERMITTENT problem. You MUST say "intermittent" because if they get the system and they can't reproduce the problem, you'll get it back untouched. Just say the system sometimes doesn't boot or it sometimes hangs at powerup. If they ask you if it has a Password when they're servicing it, just tell them no.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!